You want to sell your North East house, and you want to get the most you can out of it.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in North East“?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for most that the market will pay:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t have the time, money and energy… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your North East house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and money.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Even if your house is empty, it’s still going to accumulate dust and dirt. If you’re not a clean freak, or simply don’t have the time; consider hiring a professional cleaner to do it for you.
If you’re a bit messy and struggle to keep on top of your cleaning, consider finding somewhere else to live while you show your house. Maybe you can bribe your cleanest friend to trade houses with you? But seriously, nothing turns people away faster than feeling grossed out when they come to view your home.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. You don’t have to paint everything off-white, but keeping your colours neutral will allow viewers to see their own life inside your home. Making the colours very bright and personalised will just make people feel like they’re invading your space. Some subtle colours can really help change how people feel when viewing your home – for example, a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep (but be careful, dark colours will also make rooms feel small).
Spend the money to get high-quality paint and professional help. Subconsciously people will pay more money for a property with just the right colours and very neat lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just paint.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t neglect the outside and just do the inside, or anything else that’s unbalanced.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred pounds on a dishwasher that someone else might just pull out and replace again. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you from trying to hide maintenance you’ve not completed from the buyer.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customised upgrades that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. You should definitely find at least a few decent real estate agents who will help you price your property, but be honest with them. If you’re going to market the property on your own, don’t make enemies by lying about your intentions. Great agents are rare, but they make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, great brokers earn their value by doing this work and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re ahead of the pack.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in North East – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the North East area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your North East North East House Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale… not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the open market.
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local North East house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in North East“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near North East, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.